In short, the term “glamping” means glamorous camping, but there are many different levels of this activity to be summarized into one simple sentence. To some, it strays away from the raw connection with nature sleeping on a camping cot and is more of an outdoor hotel experience equipped with comfy beds, running water and a porcelain throne. Which is why they are always searching for “camping near me with cabins”. Glamping is increasing in popularity and giving people who might not be so inclined to go camping, a chance to experience it at their own level of comfort.
Are you a glamper or more of a traditional camper? Well, here is a range of amenities offered by Shoreline Tours & Camping that can fit your level of accommodations all while maintaining that connection with nature. No matter how fancy you go, it should always be about escaping the city and living among nature for a couple nights.
Camping Food & Dining
Planning camping meals can be complicated when staying outdoors. Fire is generally the primary source for cooking food when camping, but what you use to prepare the meals can expand your options greatly as well as save you time when you go to cook it. Shoreline Tours & Camping provides different levels of grilling equipment within their packages and has a free downloadable camping field guide with great recipe ideas and other useful tips. Here is a quick breakdown of what we can provide you with your stay for cooking.
- A roasting stick or skewer can easily cook weenies over a fire, but you’re limited to items that will stay on a stick, usually one two at a time. This is one of the easiest ways to cook your camping food if you’re okay with brats, hotdogs, marshmallows, and anything else you can place on the stick and hold over a flame.
- A hanging grill grate or tripod grill will stand over the campfire, and will allow you to cook more than just hot dogs while preserving space on the campsite. This is really just a simplified version of a grill on top of an open fire and is easy to use. If you want a higher heat you simply drop the crate closer to the fire and if you want to slow cook it you raise it up.
- A gas or charcoal camping grill will give you the most space to cook items and will offer a faster cooking time without any need to build a fire up. This would be more on the glamping side of it all and is always supplied at every Shoreline Tours & Camping site.
Choosing how you eat your freshly prepared meal is also an amenity that differs greatly among campers. You could eat with nothing but your bare hands, or you could use plates and utensils. Most packages offer a picnic table for a more comfortable dining experience and plates are always a staple of every setup offered in Shoreline Tours & Camping services.
Whether you are content with a bowl full of trail mix or you would like a four-course meal, there are dining options for all Campers and Glampers alike. Knowing what you want to eat will help you answer most of your questions on what you will need for eating. If you’re good with burgers, brats and finger foods then you won’t need much; if you want a surf and turf you will need a bit more planning and equipment to make it happen.
Camping in Wisconsin on a Lake is All About Relaxation
Whether you work a forty-hour workweek, take care of the kids, or hit the books, everyone deserves some relaxation time. Of course, this has a different meaning for each person. Shoreline Tours & Camping offers daytime means of relaxation, as well as a range of sleeping accommodations for getting a good nights rest camping.
- Folding chairs and lawn chairs are available for all members of your party. If you need some shade throughout the day, an umbrella is also provided to fit your needs but there is never a shortage of nice shade trees either. The key to relaxing though is to turn your cell phone off.
- With some packages, inner tubes are available to sit back and float along the shore and bask in the sun. Tubing in Wisconsin is a large tradition for folks and a great way to spend a summer day.
- When it comes to sleeping, there is an arrangement of camping supplies for whatever you prefer. A simple hammock or sleeping bag is available in the primitive camping packages.
- For a homier feel, air mattresses or camping cots are available to sleep on. A variety of tent sizes allow you to choose a close and comfy experience or a more spacious option if you want the extra room.
Camper or Glamper, sleep and relaxation are vital for your mental health and sleeping among nature is a proven way to reset yourself from a stressful life. These sleeping arrangements allow you to choose your comfort level and how you would like to connect with nature.
The Camping World is All About Having Entertainment
A little competition among friends has never hurt anyone. Playing games can be a great pastime to get your mind off of the stresses of the real world and to maximize the fun you can have while camping in Wisconsin. The camping and day trips offered by Shoreline Tours & Camping will include games for all ages and all interests so that everyone in your party can feel involved.
- A simple deck of cards holds many options for games; from Euchre to Solitaire to Go Fish, the entertainment is endless and is included in every site we offer. It is the staple and foundation to any gaming package.
- Board games are the next line of defense in maintaining your relaxation by keeping the kids occupied or the whole group entertained in the event it rains during your trip. Yes, believe it or not it can storm while you camp, but don’t worry you will be quite comfortable with all the camping accessories provided to you during your trip.
- An older crowd can enjoy a game of darts, or a make a few bets around the table during a game of poker.
- An older crowd can enjoy a game of darts, cornhole, ladder ball or make a few friendly bets around the table during a game of poker. A glow in the dark frisbee is also a fun activity to try in the dark, and it’s harder than you think.
- For the Larger Group Packages, a volleyball net is set up to get active and move around.
- Bluetooth Speaker is available to help keep the party going into the night, but don’t miss out on experiencing the awesome sounds of nature during a summer night on Lake Wisconsin.
- Lastly, enjoy one of the many daytime activities Shoreline Tours & Camping has to offer from Wisconsin River boat cruises to a party bus rental. Start the trip off with an airport shuttle service and/or take a sunset cruise on a pontoon to your campsite. There are no other Wisconsin Campgrounds that offer all these services under one roof.
With Shoreline Tours & Camping, your outdoor adventure doesn’t have to be limited by location, technology or energy. If you prefer to include digital entertainment upgrades with boating or bus trips, then Glamp it up!
Camping doesn’t mean you need to leave all materials of modern civilization behind. Camping is a recreational activity that is supposed to bring enjoyment and allow leisure, whatever that may entail for you. Camping in of itself can be a chore though, and would require you to own all the gear or find a place to rent it as well as know how to set it all up. Whether you’re new to camping or not it’s all about your comfort level and your need for a connection to nature. Luckily, Shoreline Tours & Camping is a fully furnished outfitters that gives options to everyone, with all experience levels of camping. You can decide if you’d consider yourself a traditional camper or a glamper, but regardless, camping is an experience that focuses on you and your time of leisure, that means you don’t have to worry about packing all the gear, setting it up and maintaining the site. So spend it how you want, with whom you want, and where you want, and Shoreline Tours & Camping will take care of the rest, guaranteed.