- Name: Amanda Yapp
- SIC Title: Administrative Manager
- When I started at SIC: 2016
- My hometown: Madison, WI
- I currently reside in: Sun Prairie, WI
- My family consists of: My husband, Justin, my son, Liam, and our dog, Leonidas.
Camping, boating, and outdoors…
- My favorite camping memory was: Going to a natural waterslide up in Northern WI
- I have been camping since I was: 8
- I have been boating since I was: 18
- My favorite thing to do outdoors is: Exploring new places and being out in nature
- My favorite food while camping is: Don’t really have a favorite. I like to bring several different meal options to cook while camping.
- Me favorite thing about camping is: Being surrounded by nature and to be able to unplug and relax
- My least favorite thing about camping is: All the equipment that has to be hauled, set up, torn down. Also mosquitos and flies, the two types of bugs I hate the most.
A few of my favorite things…
- Color: Purple
- Day of the Week: Saturday
- Movie or TV show: Too many to choose from. I am a big Fantasy nerd so Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter. As I also love Star Wars for SciFi
- Animal: This is tough because I love a lot of different animals, but Dholes, Wolves, and Foxes are probably towards my tops.
- Food: Thai Curry, hands down
- Sport: Football, both to watch and to play
- Holiday: Torn between Halloween and Christmas. Love both of these holidays for different reasons.
- Travel spot: I enjoy being on a beach by the ocean.
A few of my firsts…
- Concert I ever attended:Some Z104 concert that had multiple performer’s. I was like in 5th or 6th grade. The only performer I remembered from it was Shaggy.
- Job I had: Besides babysitting, the first company I worked for was TASC (Total Administrative Service Corporation). Got the job at 16.
- Place I lived: Sun Prairie. My mom and I lived with my Grandparents when I was a newborn
What makes me tick…
- My hobbies include: Video Games, Painting, Volunteering for different causes like RivAlz, Camp Createability, etc, reading, and spending time with close friends and relatives
- If I could have any superpower, it would be: I’m torn between Flying and Teleportation. I would enjoy being able to fly around and see the world from above in a birds-eye view. Then I would also enjoy to be able to go anywhere instantly, with teleportation. It would cut down on travel time and I could still go and see some cool amazing places in the world.
- If I could meet anyone in the world dead or alive, it would be: I would meet my dad. I never knew him before I was born and I always thought it would be great if I could just meet him once.
- If I were an animal, I would be: I love the idea of being a pet dog or cat that lives in a good home. It would be nice to be surrounded by a loving family as a house pet who would take care of me and make sure I get the best life.
- The last book I read, was: Currently reading “Good Omens” by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- My motto or personal mantra: Even in the darkest and the toughest of times there is always something to live for and be positive about.
- Something most people don’t know about me: I have a mild form of Chiari malformation. That basically means my cerebellum grew down into the part where the brain meets the brainstem. I have Type one which is a mild form of it
- I’m happiest when: Surrounded by my loved ones. Mainly my husband and son.
- My biggest pet peeve: Slow walkers or drivers
- What I fear most: Losing my loved ones
- What I’m most proudest of: I am proud on growing past and dealing with my past trauma’s. It hasn’t been an easy road but I have learned to navigate past the negatives and look at the positives and just become an overall better person despite the horrible experiences that no one should have to live through.
- Before I die, I would like to: See other parts of the world like Europe and Asia. As I would love to watch my children grow up and see my own family grow larger.